So…. here we are. Another year over, and a new one’s just begun. And you know what that means? Numbers and maps – two of my favourite things when it comes to cycling and motivation.
So here’s my Cycling year 2018 in numbers (sources: strava.com, veloviewer.com, http://www.jonathanokeeffe.com/strava/annualSummary.php)
- Total distance: 5450 kilometres (most km’s I’ve cycled in a calendar year!)
- Best Month: June (935 km)
- Total time cycling: 241 hours (10 days)
- Total elevation gain: over 36 km
- Active cycling days: 108 (135 activities)
- Longest Ride: 128 km
- Bike commuting distance: 1478 km
- Average cycling speed: 22.6 km/hour
- Most frequent riding buddy: Kelly M. (22 rides, 21.1 hours), Taryn D. (11 rides, 21.0 hours)
- Different bikes ridden:
- Road bike: 1967 km
- Gravel bike: 2572 km
- Fat bike: 400 km
- Mountain bike: 42 km
- Winter gravel bike: 453 km
- Bike share (Toronto): 16 km
And here are some graphics and maps (we engineers love graphics and maps!)
Here’s my entire 2018 cycling heatmap, from as far north as Killbear Provincial Park, to as far south as Niagara Region.
My local heatmap for 2018 looks like this map below. Warmer colours show routes that were cycled more frequently, so you can see my commute to Guelph as bright yellow.